Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Distractions

I'm in grad school, and spend two evenings per week in class. Tonight's class was interesting and informative, full of useful information, engaging and entertaining, but none of that mattered, because I could not get my mind off the cuffs on the professor's sweater. It looked machine-made, but I'm pretty sure I could have reproduced it, if only I could have gotten a good, close-up look at the way the cables met the cuffs!

Fortunately, I was able to restrain myself from walking up to this poor woman after class and saying, "Excuse me, may I please closely examine your shirt for a few minutes? Would you mind just taking it off and turning it inside out so I can take a look at the reverse side? Please? Just for a minute?"

I'm pretty sure that would have meant an automatic F. And possibly a referral to social services.

No comments:

Post a Comment